Hillary A. Taylor
Selected as a Rising Star: 2015-2018
Hillary is a native of the Seattle area. While in law school, Hillary was the Managing Editor of the Willamette Law Review. Graduating from law school in 2008, Hillary clerked for the Honorable Timothy J. Sercombe of the Oregon Court of Appeals before starting in private practice. Before joining Keating Jones Hughes in 2012, she worked at another Portland defense firm.
Hillary's practice focuses on defending physicians and hospitals in medical malpractice litigation, health law and regulatory compliance (including HIPAA privacy and security), legal malpractice defense, and appeals.
Hillary became a partner at Keating Jones Hughes, P.C. in 2017.
• Appellate law
• Defense of healthcare practitioners
• Health law
• Legal malpractice
• Medical malpractice
• HIPAA Privacy Rule
• Willamette University College of Law, J.D. 2008 (cum laude)
• Lewis & Clark College, B.A. Political Science, 2004
• U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
• Oregon State Bar
• Washington State Bar
• Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
• American Health Lawyers Association
• Health Law Section, Oregon State Bar (Member, Annual CLE Planning Committee 2010-2014; member, Executive Committee, 2013)
• Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
• Oregon Women Lawyers; Transformation Committee
• Multnomah County Court Liaison Committee
• "Reconsidering Medical Expense Write-offs Under White v. Jubitz,"
Oregon Association of Defense Counsel Newsletter 2016
• Co-author, "Seeking Best Practices Among Intermediate Courts of Appeal: A Nascent Journey,"
The Journal of Appellate Practice and Process, Vol. 9, No. 1, Spring 2007