Bob has an active trial practice in complex civil litigation with an emphasis on legal representation of the medical community. His representation includes hospitals, physicians, and other individual healthcare providers on liability matters, as well as hospital medical staff problems and licensing issues.
Bob serves on the Board of the Foundation for Medical Excellence. He is a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, and a fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, he is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, the Defense Research Institute, the Oregon Association of Defense Counsel (Board Member 1997-2000), and the American Bar Association. He has served on the joint committee of the Oregon State Bar and the Oregon Medical Association. He is the Chairman of the Oregon Council on Court Procedures.
Committees/Boards (present and past)
- Founding and current Board Member, The Foundation for Medical Excellence
- Joint Committee of the Oregon State Bar and the Oregon Medical Association
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel (Board Member 1997-2000)
- Chair, Oregon Council on Court Procedures
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Defense Research Institute
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- The Best Lawyers in America© – Medical Malpractice Law, Selected 2013-2020
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers*
* The academy is an elite group of trial attorneys from over 30 countries who represent the best trial advocates on both sides of civil and criminal law. Fellowship is by invitation only, and trial lawyers are invited to become Fellows only after an extremely careful vetting process. The Academy is limited to 500 active trial lawyers under the age of 70. We are extremely proud to have Bob become one of only eleven attorneys in Oregon admitted to the Academy.