Molly Marcum practices healthcare law and medical malpractice defense, with a focus on representing healthcare providers before licensing boards, credentialing issues, and healthcare compliance. Molly has extensive experience in advocating for and representing medical, dental, nursing, pharmacy and mental health professionals in health licensing board investigations at all stages, as well as in health plan credentialing, board certification, and HIPAA matters. Her practice includes litigation, mediation, and administrative proceedings before licensing boards.
Molly has been regularly endorsed as one of the top lawyers by respected peer review organizations including the Best Lawyers in America and Superlawyers, and received the AV Preeminent peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell – the highest rating of legal and ethical standards. She was named 2020 Oregon Lawyer of the Year in Health Law by Best Lawyers. She has served on the Board of Directors of the Oregon Association of Defense Counsel, the Lewis and Clark Law School alumni board, and the Oregon State Bar Health Law Section Executive Committee. She is on the Advisory Committee of the Campaign for Equal Justice.
- Adjunct Professor, National University Natural Medicine, Jurisprudence, 2017
- OADC Board of Directors, 2014 – 2016; Government Affairs Committee 2009-present
- OADC Professional Liability Chair, 2013 – 2014, Vice chair, 2012-2013
- Member, Lewis & Clark Law School Alumni Board, 2010 – 2021
- Health Law Section, Oregon State Bar, Executive Committee 2013 – present
- Campaign for Equal Justice, Advisory Committee 2017 – present
- The Best Lawyers in America© – “Lawyer of the Year” Award 2020 – Health Care Law
- Oregon SuperLawyers
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating AV Preeminent (Legal & Ethical Standards)
- Life Fellow, American Bar Foundation