Melissa grew up on the Olympic Peninsula. In 1996, she moved to Oregon where she attended Western Oregon University. After college, Melissa worked as a claims adjuster prior to attending Willamette University College of Law and Atkinson Graduate School of Management where she obtained her J.D./M.B.A. Following law school, Melissa clerked for the Multnomah County Circuit Court Presiding Judge Jean K. Maurer. Melissa was a partner at another Portland medical malpractice defense firm prior to joining Keating Jones Hughes. She has made Portland her home for nearly 20 years.
Melissa’s practice focuses on medical malpractice defense and long-term care defense throughout Oregon and Washington.
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- Defense Research Institute
- “Reflections of the Honorable Jean K. Maurer in Her Last Months as Presiding Judge of Multnomah County Circuit Court,” The Verdict, Fall 2011
Honors / Awards
- Super Lawyers “Rising Star” 2016 – 2017