Peter was born and raised in Boulder, Colorado. He moved to Oregon to attend the University of Oregon School of Law, graduating (Order of the Coif). While in law school, Peter served as a member of the Moot Court Board and as an Articles Editor for the Oregon Law Review. Following law school, Peter clerked for the Honorable Richard B. Sanders of the Washington Supreme Court. Peter’s practice focuses on representation of hospitals and healthcare professionals statewide in the defense of professional malpractice actions. He has represented healthcare professionals in trial courts, before licensing boards, and before the Court of Appeals.
Peter became a partner at Keating Jones Hughes, P.C. in 2009.
• Medical malpractice/liability defense
• Appellate law
• University of Oregon School of Law – J.D. (Order of the Coif)
• Gonzaga University – B.A.
• Oregon State Bar
• Washington State Bar
• U.S. District Court for the District of OR
• U.S. District Court for the Western District of WA
• Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
• Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
• The Foundation for Medical Excellence
Continuing Medical Education Advisory
• Judge - University of Oregon School of Law,
Legal Research & Writing, Appellate
Advocacy - 2008 - present
• Best Lawyers in America
• Oregon Super Lawyers
• OADC Trial Practice Group, October 2014,
Presenter - "Taming the Reptile: Strategies for
Responding to Plaintiff's Reptile Tactics"
• Rogue Valley Medical Center, Emergency
Department staff and Three Rivers Community
Hospital, Emergency Department staff, October
2014, "Navigating a Medical Malpractice Claim"
• OMSNIC National Council Meeting, July 2014,
Presenter - "Tales from the Trenches"
• OADC Fall Seminar, November 2008,
"Appellate Law Update"
• "Court of Appeals Upholds Statutory Cap on
Noneconomic Damages in Wrongful Death Actions,"
Oregon Association of Defense Counsel Newsletter
• "The Oregon Court of Appeals Holds Trial Courts Lack of
Authority to Exclude Demonstrative Exhibits Admitted into
Evidence From the Jury's Deliberations," Oregon Associa-
tion of Defense Counsel Newsletter