Scott G. O’Donnell
Scott is a native Oregonian, born and raised in Albany. He worked at the Oregon Legislature and for Lane County defending civil cases prior to clerking for Judge Robert P. Jones in Portland. Judge Jones supervised medical malpractice cases in Multnomah County and maintained a very active civil trial docket.
Scott began working at Keating Jones Hughes in 1997 and became a partner in 2002. His practice emphasizes the defense of healthcare professionals, hospitals and care facilities in malpractice actions as well as general liability claims. He also represents physicians and other healthcare professionals before licensing boards.
Scott recently became a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates. ABOTA is a national organization dedicated to maintaining high standards for professional and capable trial attorneys. ABOTA is also committed to the preservation of jury trials and for providing education and training to the Bar.
• Medical malpractice defense
• Healthcare law
• General liability defense
• University of Oregon Law School – J.D., 1993
• University of Oregon – B.S., Political Science, 1988
• Oregon State Bar
• Washington State Bar
• Multnomah County Bar Association
• Clark County Bar Association
• American Board of Trial Advocates
• Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent (Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards)
• The Best Lawyers in America© - Medical Malpractice Law, Selected 2020
• Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
• Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
• Defense Research Institute