Selected as a Rising Star: 2014-2019
Peter is a native of the Portland area, growing up in the rural community of Boring, Oregon. In 2003 he received his B.S. in Political Science from Texas Christian University and returned to Portland to work for Legacy Health System in various capacities, including an internship with Legacy’s in-house counsel.
He received his law degree from Gonzaga University School of Law in 2007, where he was a member of the Gonzaga Law Review, founder of the Gonzaga Health Law Society, and was elected by his peers to serve on the Student Bar Association.
Peter joined Keating Jones Hughes in September 2007 as an associate, and was quickly baptized into the world of complex litigation and trial practice. Early in his tenure with the firm, Peter worked on the defense of complex medical malpractice / product liability cases involving the use of pain pumps in postoperative shoulder joints. His breadth of experience has only grown since then. In addition to working on standard medical malpractice cases in Oregon and Washington, Peter has worked on numerous complicated cases involving alleged sexual misconduct by medical providers. He is also a member of the PLF Defense Panel, litigating on behalf of attorneys accused of violating the FDCPA and other professional liability claims.
Peter became a partner at Keating Jones Hughes in September 2013. He has successfully tried medical and legal malpractice cases in arbitration, state court, and federal district court. Because of his breadth of experience, Peter has been invited to speak to media groups and professional organizations in Oregon, Washington, and California on a variety of topics.
• Healthcare law
• Medical malpractice defense
• Professional Liability
• Gonzaga University School of Law – J.D., 2007
• Texas Christian University – B.S., Political Science, 2003
• U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
• U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
• United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
• Oregon State Bar
• Washington State Bar
• Oregon New Lawyers Division, Member Services and Satisfaction, 2010-2011
• American Health Lawyers Association
• Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
• American Bar Association (Health Law Section)
• Multnomah County Bar Association