Sara was born and raised in Louisiana. She moved to Oregon in 2003 and earned her J.D. from Willamette University College of Law in 2009. During law school, Sara served as Editor in Chief of the Willamette Law Review. She also clerked for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Oregon, where she handled cases on the Central Violations Bureau docket, and the Oregon Department of Justice’s Trial Division, where she worked on tort and employment law cases.
Prior to joining Keating Jones Hughes, Sara clerked for the Honorable Timothy J. Sercombe at the Oregon Court of Appeals and worked at a general civil litigation firm in Portland, where her practice included defense of personal injury, professional liability, and employment law actions. Sara’s current practice focuses on the defense of healthcare practitioners in medical malpractice litigation, legal malpractice defense, and appeals.
A classically trained musician, Sara has performed as an oboist with local community ensembles and has taught young musicians the beauty of one of the more peculiar wind instruments. She continues to cultivate a musically creative life.
• Appellate law
• Defense of healthcare practitioners
• Legal malpractice defense
• Medical malpractice defense
• Willamette University College of Law, J.D., 2009 (magna cum laude)
• University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music, M.M., 2002
• University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.M., Oboe Performance, 2000 (with honors)
• U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
• U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
• United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
• Oregon State Bar
• Washington State Bar
• Defense Research Institute
• Multnomah County Bar Association
• Clark County Bar Association
• Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
• Oregon Women Lawyers
• Washington Defense Trial Lawyers